what's the diff. between mp3 recorder & mini disc?

Subject: what's the diff. between mp3 recorder & mini disc?
From: "jerkabobber" jerkabobber
Date: Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:32 pm ((PDT))
Hello all. Thanks for those of you that provided me some starting out
advice. I really appreciate it. I looked into everything you've
advised. I found that the majority of you use mini disk recoders..
highly recommending them. The Sony MZ RH1 mini disc rec. seems to be
the "cheapest/common" item to record. Why? It is slightly out of my
price range, but I would get it regardless, anything beyond that would
be too much money :(
Some of you mentioned that I wouldn't be able to start at around 200-
350 dollars. I now see through researching that that's true, unless I
bought a mp3 recorder...
Not knowing anything about this stuff, I figured a digital-mp3
recorder would be fine. With out getting to technical, whats the
difference in sound quality between a mini disc recorder and a mp3
recorder? Is it that much where the mini disc is THE way to go?
Someone said that I would be disapointed with mp3 recorders.

For instance, I found the 200 dollar, Samson Zoom H2 digital audio
recorder, would this recorder be comparable to a mini disc recorder?
Like the Sony MZ RH1 mini disc rec?

To look at it, it's at
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/archives/2007/03/info_samson_zoo.h
tml

In the meantime, I'll look into the "getting started" area on the
forum for some answers as well. I just like directly taslking to
people :)

Thanks everyone!
Dave