Re: mkh30/40 or mkh30/50?

Subject: Re: mkh30/40 or mkh30/50?
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:28 am ((PDT))
I don't think you'd want to combine an 800 and a 30, they're quite
different classes of microphones. Two 800's would work, although I
still fear that the way you'd have to mount them in a zeppelin,
they're not longer coincident, which would personally make me
nervous. I have an 800, and it's a great mic though. And two would be
very versatile, you could do spaced omni's, MS, XY, pretty much
anything you wanted. But two 800's and a Rycote, you're looking at 6k.

Also, since the 800's are side addressing, not end addressing, when
put into a Rycote, you no longer point the end at your subject, but
stand it upright. This might be a bit of a pain if you intend to hand-
hold the mics much.