Re: Underwater mysteries

Subject: Re: Underwater mysteries
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 pm ((PST))
> John and congrats in getting your home-made Hydrophone up and running...

Thanks Martyn.

Well I passed the first test =96 the primal plunge.  I pushed an em-158
element into a snug piece of surgical tubing and sealed both ends with
hot glue.  That one turned out much more sensitive than the other
element that had a piece of a balloon stretched against it and over a
makeshift housing.  In post I panned a lot to the right to even things
out for listening.  One of the many technical problems I now face is
how to isolate the element and housing in a way that the cable does
not become so microphonic.

Has anyone tried Bedford Technical's hydrophone? Any samples recorded
with it? Gene?

John Hartog