Re: Recording Quad

Subject: Re: Recording Quad
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:55 pm ((PST))
--- In  Walter Knapp <> wrote:
 No way I'd go into surround and lower my mic
> standards. Surround is fundamentally ambiance recording.
>
> Walt

For recording I use Surround for ambiance recording.  In playback I
use it for more.  I am currently finishing an exhibit that uses 3 dvd
Message: 5.
Subject: 1 players and amps.  The front channels are 6 channels of ambience
in 3 different areas. The centers are parts of the ambience with a
voice track for learning specific critters in mono. The surrounds are
individual speakers placed under various stuffed critters and the
audio for a video presentation. Total today is 12.1 and one video with
three channels left over for future expansion (likely next week).  The
three dvd players are each triggered by wireless proximity detectors.
Opening is St Pats day and I will have photos then.

Rich