noisefloor of mkh microphones

Subject: noisefloor of mkh microphones
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:59 am ((PST))
hi all,
        some time ago I posted about my disappointment in using a Sennheiser
MKH70. The recordings in very quiet locations were made with a SD722
and the files where affected by a noisefloor increasing with
frequency. I hate that type of hiss. Recently I saw the graphs
produced by Raimund about the noise of different mics and recorders.
In his graphs the MKH60 shows the same type of high frequency hiss;
on the contrary, the Sennheiser K6/ME66 shows a higher but warmer
noisefloor, I mean a noisefloor smoothly decreasing with frequency.

Now I'm wondering if that type of very hissy noise is typical of all
mkh mics. Please can you tell me if your mkh models do show the same
? maybe can you send me some recording cuts were the noisefloor is
evident ? (the best for my comparison should be recordings of
"silence" made with SD722 at  max gain).

Gianni
Gianni Pavan
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia, Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Phone       +39-0382-987874    Fax +39-02-700-32921
Email
Web       http://www.unipv.it/cibra
CIBRA organizes the XXI IBAC Congress, Pavia, 15-18 September 2007