Re: Church Audio Pro Binaural mic

Subject: Re: Church Audio Pro Binaural mic
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Sat Jan 6, 2007 12:30 am ((PST))
Thanks for the info Lou.

Phil

----- Original Message ----
From: Lou Judson <>
Sent: Friday, 5 January, 2007 10:49:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Church Audio Pro Binaural mic

I'd say you are correct - I have the AT 35, and the AT35PRO, which are
identical looking small mics and preceded the AT350, but they are much
larger than .2x .5"! They are great drum, sax, and piano mics for PA
use, but nothing like the kind one would use for nature recording -
I've clipped them on violins and violas and acoustic basses. And yes
Cardioid. The mic can slip out of the gooseneck mount and be used a
number of ways by itself. They are great mics used this way, and I have =

also used them as room mics for ambience, but not in sof situations.

They MUST be using an different capsule! This is the best I know about
them, hope it helps..

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Jan 5, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Rob Danielson wrote:

> I wonder if this what Sound Pro means by "AT350"?
> http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/71d870fb398e6978/
> index.html
> Can folks find another lav mic match under "350?"
>
> According to AT's specs, which some regard as not
> the most reliable (for both good and bad), the
> ATM350 has an about 27dB(A) self-noise and pretty
> low sensitivity. Its cardioid, made more for
> close-up applications. So, maybe SP is using
> another capsule?

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."