Re: Church Audio Pro Binaural mic

Subject: Re: Church Audio Pro Binaural mic
From: "macmang4125" macmang4125
Date: Fri Jan 5, 2007 12:58 pm ((PST))
--- In  Rob Danielson <> wrote:

> At 6:44 PM +0000 1/5/07, Philip Tyler wrote:
> >Hi Lou
> >
> >Looks interesting, do you know of any sample recordings of these mics?
> >
> >Phil

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/PanasonicWM-61A_OtherBinauralRigs/WM=
Message: 61A_Webpage_Caps_Mounts.
Subject: html

> -- but there are many electret DIY projects with
> these capsules on line. We made 120 pair last
> fall:

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/116/Trek01/BuildingMics/WM-61A_BrookBuildsMics/Pag=
e1.html

> Digi-key has the capsules in stock:
> http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch
> Search "WM-61A" Rob D.
> --
> Rob Danielson
> Peck School of the Arts
> University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
> http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-art-tech-gallery/

Thanks again Rob, a mine of information. I think I will investigate
the WM-61A's as I am looking for something small, and quite fancy a
'project' to build. We are off to Tobago in a few months for a
birdwatching holiday. But I also like to record bird sounds as well,
so I will be taking my K6/ME66 with me for individual recordings but I
wanted something small to carry to do general atmosphere recordings as
well. Especially as we will be staying in a nature reserve and have
hopes of good 'choruses'. As much as I would love to be able to take a
pair of AT 3032's and an Art Phantom II box it would start to become
rather bulky. What with binoculars, telescope, tripod and camera to
pack as well. So the WM-61A's may be the answer.
Thanks
Phil