Re: Recordings in the rainforest

Subject: Re: Recordings in the rainforest
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:13 am ((PST))
Explore Pelican and Storm cases - all sizes and air and watertight.

The rets of this is less practical:

But these days I would not use a dat - it can be disabled by one drop
and they are no longer repairable. Get a solid state recorder, of one
kind or another, best the budget will allow. In any case it would be
good to have backups.

My feeling is the only thing to do with DATS is tranfer your old tapes
to HDD while you can still play them.

Just my 2c. I had a client bring in a DAT and when I tried to play it
my 1995 Sony pro machine broke, never to work again. Local tech says
only the Panasonic 3700 and 3800 are repairable at all...

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689