Re: Recordings in the rainforest

Subject: Re: Recordings in the rainforest
From: "antonio celis" tony_celis
Date: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:00 am ((PST))
Holly,

How much time are you going to spend in the field,
week, month, year?

I work at 90's avg of humidity and for the first
couple hours of the day I go to 95-96. My only
solution is to use equipment that can handle humidity.
I'm not saying expensive equipment, just equipment
that is for field use.

I have used DATs (M1 and TCD-D8) and had no problem.
Mics is always my concern.

People in this group knows more about all these
problems and the best options for mics on humidity.

Good Luck on your research

Antonio Celis

--- Holly Farmer <>
escribi=F3:

> Hi, I am travelling to Southern Brazil to record the
> vocalisations of
> howler monkeys for my PhD in February and would
> greatly appreciate
> advice on how to prevent my equipment from getting
> damaged in the
> humidity of the rainforest. I have a SONY DAT TCD-D8
> and a good
> microphone but can not find any watertight or
> similar casing. Hope you
> can help,Holly

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam =A1gratis!
Reg=EDstrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."