Re: Recordings in the rainforest

Subject: Re: Recordings in the rainforest
From: "Marc Myers" buffymarmoset
Date: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 am ((PST))
Because weight and bulk can be an issue, my solution has been as follows: A=
t night I place all my electronics in zip-lock bags with desiccant. In the =
day I transfer the gear to another Ziploc bag inside my gear bag and run ca=
bles out the top. I carry a large black plastic bag in a pocket so I can st=
uff everything, including my carry bag and daypack, when it rains. If you a=
re going to an established research site they often have a communal dry box=
 for laptops, cameras, etc. Which species of Howlers? Incidentally, There's=
 a book primarily written by grammatologists but good for everyone doing fi=
eld work, there's a book by Joanna Setchell & Debbie Curtis have a good boo=
k on general technique in a wide variety of areas including audio and video=
.

What species of Howler?