Re: Faux Fur Group Order

Subject: Re: Faux Fur Group Order
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:28 am (PDT)
Posted by: "Anton Woldhek"

> I agree that this setup leaves a lot to be desired, I was kinda curious i=
> some attention was paid to non-fur type of cloth's, it seems to be so muc=
> the de facto standard that perhaps a lil out of the box thinking like thi=
> could dig up so totally new ideas...

I don't know as you could call it totally new ideas. Rycote, for
instance supplies two different wind covers for it's zeppelins, the fur
one and the "high wind cover" which is a flannel like cloth cover.

And some nature recordists use pantyhose over a frame.

A couple years ago I ran into a roll of fabric in a local fabric store
that was labeled "Speaker Cloth". It was similar to a fairly fuzzy
lycra, stretch both ways. It had been bought special order by the store
for someone who stuck them with it. I got several yards as the price was
very good. If you want to get into cloth covers you might include
speaker cloth in your search.