Re: Shure VP88 vs Sennheiser MKE44-p vs ?????????

Subject: Re: Shure VP88 vs Sennheiser MKE44-p vs ?????????
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:17 pm (PDT)
Posted by: "lampmeister"

> In desperation I'm even thinking about the possibility of a pair of
> Rode NT2a or NT2000, superb low self-noise, multi pick-up patterns,
> just a darn bugger to build a windshield for and use in the field.

I'm working on a pair of NT2000's (same suspension/windshield will hold
my NT1A's too). When done I'm expecting to fit the two into the stereo
rycote zeppelin that's around my MKH-80 pair. (And use a similar design
to fit the MKH-80's into a mono zeppelin.)  The NT2000's are very large
and heavy. Some tricky machining with the equipment I have.