Re: Sonic Stage

Subject: Re: Sonic Stage
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:30 am (PDT)
--- In  Rob Danielson <>
wrote:

> Hi Chris.
>
> Glad things are going well for your recording interests. I look
> forward to posted recordings.

I may need advise in due course on howe to do that !

> Gosh, I never thought to retry SS that many times!

When you believe the best recording you ever made is stuck on the
disk you keep trying right ?!!

If the disk plays,
> another, maybe a less trying method is to download Total Recorder
for
> $18USD and do a real time transfer. Its still a digital transfer
and
> you can stop the transfer with the autostop mode.

Great advice thanks - if I use this what plugs where ?  "Headphones
out" on the MD into "mic in" on my laptop ?? This may be my weekend
project. Even if it takes real time then it is probably not more than
I waste right now - and at least the tension is gone ! Do you lose
any quality ?

> another player. (That doesn't mean this couldn't happen!) I used to
> re-format the disks thinking it would make the disk more
compatible,
> but I don't do this anymore.  (I bet that "formatting" initializes
> the disk-- not a write/read check). Instead, I erase all of the
> tracks and that has reduced internal errors for me.

Stoatwizard advises the same based on MDCF so I'll just erase from
now on

> That you are getting "access errors" with the NH910 and that repeat
> transfer requests to SS sometimes work,.. make me something is not
> performing within norm. Easy to observe,.. harder to locate. I
might
> be able to help you trouble-shoot off-line. Rob D.

Thanks for this offer, much appreciated - I'll come back to you off-
line if needed.

Chris