Re: Sonic Stage

Subject: Re: Sonic Stage
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 pm (PDT)
--- In  Debbi B <> wrote:

> I just downloaded SS v. 4. I had recorded a new cricket in my
> backyard, but when I tried to transfer the recording, it said that it
> was initialized by some other device (or something like that) and I
> couldn't transfer it. I tried another disc, but the same error
> occurred. It was ok with the new software (or having to reboot).
>
> Debbi

Hello Debbi,

If a newcomer to digital recording (I've been out of recording for
while..) can jump in with my own pain which may just be of help...

I have been using an MZ RH910 since April this year. My problems with
Sonic Stage were immediate (I download bird songs and calls to a "PC"
laptop) I upgraded to SS 3.4 from the Sony website. Using that I find
transferring my recordings is like buying a lottery ticket. I too have
had the error message you got. I simply closed everything and started
again and eventually got the piece across that I wanted. It mostly
takes me 5-6 attempts per recording to get any file across from my MD
to my laptop and sometimes it must take as many as 20 attempts.

To be fair, in maybe 300 downloads since April it has only failed me
completely on one occasion. But for those of us beyond 50 this is not
good for the blood pressure !

My MD simply tells me "access error", and SS confirms same as a "read
error". Neither my MD manual nor SS help tells me what this means. My
imagination has lead me to try and identify "success factors" with SS
downloads: