Re: Preventing Thunder Distortion

Subject: Re: Preventing Thunder Distortion
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:01 am (PDT)
Then for those with less equipment thunder is still worth recording.
A certain amount of distortion is allowable in thunder recordings.

You can decide for yourself if the linked file is usable.  I have and
it worked well. Because of the unexpected bounce the distortion is not
what ended up remembered.  I have posted this file here before and it
was used this year in an exhibit as a transition between dis-similar
audio segments.

Recorded with a cheap old atrac minidisc in stereo without edit.
Message: 1.
Subject: 6 megs
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/thunder.mp3

Rich