Re: Problem mic, no sound

Subject: Re: Problem mic, no sound
From: "Secomb's" dsecomb1
Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:51 pm (PDT)
Rob. Thanks for replying
The connections mentioned was the method you described from a TA F4 onto
a cable that is attached to the minijack. I know this connection, the
cable and minijack is fine, as the good mic works the same on both
connections ( remember using a pair of mics). What I did do the other
night was to take off the mic. clip from the mic cable which required a
bit of effort. This may have broken a wire,  as this cable is rather
thin. Should this be the case, I assume I replace the mic cable by
cutting 2 or 3 inches from the mic ( this appears to be good and I have
no way off opening the mic) and take it off the connection, soldering it
on the new cable. Assuming there isn't,t a simpler way. Sorry for
sounding basic but do prefer to ask first before hacking away.

David