Re: Problem mic, no sound

Subject: Re: Problem mic, no sound
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:51 am (PDT)
Secomb's wrote:

>Unless my 183's are different, would hate to change them in the field.
>No troubles unscrewing them just hell of a long time.

The only way I can understand this would be if you were turning the
snap-on windscreen, rather than the capsule. The snap-on windscreen
is foam with a black plastic collar at the bottom. The collar snaps
into a groove on the mic body very securely--so securely that it is
difficult to remove.

The collar has a diagonal cut in it. To expand the collar to remove
the windscreen, pry the diagonal cut apart with a screwdriver, then
slip the windscreen off the mic. Be careful not to pull too hard on
the foam because it can rip off the collar. The trick is to
manipulate the collar without putting strain on the foam.

Then the capsule is exposed. It has a fine metal grille on it. The
capsule unscrews easily from the body of the mic.

-Dan Dugan