Re: Bruce's Stereo Array test (was The right stereo setup

Subject: Re: Bruce's Stereo Array test (was The right stereo setup
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:20 pm (PDT)
Hi Bruce--
I'll take a stab at it. I'd seek a place with very low ambient
background levels early and do it on Sunday morning. I'd try to
include some kind of vertical relief in the setting so there would be
some pronounced reflections. Animals, but not overly busy*. Fewer or
no insects (if that's an option).   As for the mic set-ups, with the
rig at least 6 feet high, maybe:

1: Blumlein (is there a variation on Blumlein to try- this one was
popular as I recall)

2: AB with wide cardioids spaced 20 inches (0.5 m)
3: AB with omnis spaced 20 inches (0.5 m)
Message: 4.