Re: Bruce's Stereo Array test (was The right stereo setup

Subject: Re: Bruce's Stereo Array test (was The right stereo setup
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:58 am (PDT)
Posted by: "Rob Danielson"

> I wonder if it would be possible to get Bruce's test linked in the
> yahoo group home page or some other official/visible place? Here the
> list of the arrays he used:
> http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/naturerecordists/2006-0=
4/msg00338.html

It's hardly a definitive or inclusive test. Doing as you suggest would
elevate it above other possible mic brands, patterns or samples. I don't
think it's appropriate to do that. Unless you want to make it the
official recommendation of naturerecordists or something like that?  If
someone wants to set up a server containing all samples posted by
everybody with no priorities, that would be more appropriate. Each
person in the group has their own likes and dislikes and non of those
are definitive. Often recordings by different people of different
subjects bring entirely different conclusions.