Re: technology choices for gathering ambient nature noise

Subject: Re: technology choices for gathering ambient nature noise
From: "Rob Danielson"
Date: Thu May 18, 2006 6:20am(PDT)
The ability to "plant" 3 recorders on 3 people
for 7 hour stints $700USD and at a media cost of
$15USD/day and still have $1300 USD to spend on a
nice ambience rig would have me thinking that
solving the pc/mac "boot problem" is easy.  Check
the HiMD forum link on the page for  linux
solutions, you never know. I bought a 233MHz $100
laptop running SS version 3.2  that I use just
for uploading.  Sounds like a fun project there.
By golly, the outdoors is a large, complex room.
Have fun getting people turned onto sound. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts