Re: Flash Recorder Dilema

Subject: Re: Flash Recorder Dilema
From: ""
Date: Wed May 17, 2006 1:14pm(PDT)
Hi Lindsay,

At least with your K6/ME67, there is no reason to care about the
preamplifier noise. The preamp noise levels of both the PMD 671 and the
HD-P2 will be fully masked by the microphone noise. See
http://www.avisoft.com/tutorial_mic_recorder.htm for details.

I'm sure that the Telinga Pro 6 noise will also safely mask the preamp
noise. So, there is no need for any modification (which would additionally
void the manufacturer's warranty).

I have used both the PMD 671 and the HD-P2. In my opinion, the HD-P2
provides a slightly more professional and more rugged design than the PMD
Message: 671.

Note that both recorders can be easily powered via external 12V lead-acid
batteries (there are standard 2.1 mm coax input sockets on both recorders).
I use sealed lead-acid batteries by Panasonic (e.g. the model LC-R127R2PG).

Regards,
Raimund

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!
Satte Provisionen f=FCr GMX Partner: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/partner