Re: best binaural mics?

Subject: Re: best binaural mics?
From: "Toby Sinkinson"
Date: Wed May 24, 2006 11:40am(PDT)
Derek,

FWIW, I can't comment or compare to other mics but most of the stuff I
submitted to sountransit was made with the shure 183's into a marantz
pmd-670, I think the steam tractor recording was with a set of
homemade panasonic type binaurals.

I've sewed 183's into a hat and then monitor with in ear monitoring
headphones...fairly quick and easy set up.  They do great on the noise
handling issue, the wind screens they come with are adequate for most
situations but are not optimal...there is lots on these mics in the
archives here...

I recently picked up a pair of NT1-A's because for very quiet
environments I was disappointed when using my marantz.  It might very
well be a different story if using the 183's with a Sound Devices
recorder...

Also these seem quite rugged and survived sudden rain fall I got stuck in..=
.

Best of luck...

Toby (Denver)