Re: Jecklin Disc microphones

Subject: Re: Jecklin Disc microphones
From: "Rich Peet"
Date: Wed May 24, 2006 0:55pm(PDT)
I stay on the side of not recommending Jecklin Discs for nature
recording.  I find it ok for "near field" and marginal for "far field"
and completely weak for "faint field". I would always choose a tree
over the Jecklin.

I have not been home for 3 weeks so I lost touch with Curt to get his
evaluation of how the blockhead design worked compared to his barrier
trials.

Rich