Re: Beginner Processing Questions

Subject: Re: Beginner Processing Questions
From: "Rich Peet"
Date: Wed May 31, 2006 11:11 am (PDT)
Caught me. You must be using headphones.

I use a 32" polycarbonate parabolic, handheld and tripod mount.
4 different omni mic configurations with 4 windscreen configurations,
although no windscreen was used on this recording.

At the distance I was making this recording I needed max gain. I used
two omni's separated a few inches without barrier. Each was looking at
a different 5 degree viewing angle. Only off axis sound is the center
and I was distant from the source so there is very little center.

I also use this same configuration for species specific work. I cut
the high freqs on the mic not on target at the appropriate freq,
reverse phase that channel, and sum the two to mono.  It is something
 to see what I can eliminate in man made noise from a specific target.

Another plug for the Recordists Campout this weekend. I will bring two
dishes for chasing wild pig at night for anyone so inclined or any
other recording someone wants to do.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/HUNT/Pig/Pig_Hunting.htm
You can only shoot them after we get all the sound we want. Not
before.  We want the screems on tape before the gun fire, ok?

Rich

--- In  "Anton Woldhek" <>