Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics (Now Blumlein)

Subject: Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics (Now Blumlein)
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:23:55 -0000
Thanks Allen, the ORTF is more pleasing to my ears as well.  In
general it's my favorite way of capturing soundscapes.  Against the
advice of some on this list (including my own advice to others) I use
Schoeps for my nature recordings.  The  for my ORTF recordings, I find
that the MK21 capsule (sub- or wide-cardioid) gives me a nice wide
soundfield.

--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/627