Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics (Now Blumlein)

Subject: Re: Mid-side techinique with studio mics (Now Blumlein)
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:47:36 -0000
Thanks for all of your positive comments on the Blumlein samples.
These are raw recordings with no processing.  It was more an
experiment to see how Blumlein held up in a wide open soundfield.=20
One of the problems I encoundered was finding a windscreen to work
with this temporary arrangement.  As it was I wrapped open cell foam
around the heads and got lucky the wind was light that morning.  Dan
Dugan may have a picture of the mounting scheme I used.=20

Otherwise here is an example of what I did
<www.schoeps.de/E-2004/ums20.html>

For reference a short ORTF recording from later the same morning:
<http://home.earthlink.net/~gweddig/SierraORTFMD102Trk5.mp3>

--greg
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/627