Re: Re: Cheap recorder, it works

Subject: Re: Re: Cheap recorder, it works
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:37:56 +0100
I never checked the line input. It is the same jack as the mic. To use an
external mic, you have to set the display to "MIC EXT".

The best result was with the PRO5W handle + a stereo DATmic. I think the
input needs a low impedance output. I am sure that you can use it also with=

a NT1A and a power supply, like Rob has been doing with HiMd's.
Using plug in power adds audible noise, even with such a strong signal as
from a EM23.

The piece is tricky to deal with, but quite logical, once you have got used=

to it.
No mic has ever had such a strong output that some stage has been
overloaded. I mean, there is no meter (that I know of) that shows the
recording level. There is a meter showing the replay output with a
"equalizer-like" row of bars. Perhaps that can be used as a recording level=

meter??

The manual is a bad joke, of course.

Klas.

At 20:53 2006-02-01, you wrote:
>Klas,
>
>Did you record directly from a mic,
>or did you use an external preamp
>to raise the mic's output to line level?
>
>I think all the iRiver personal music players
>have line-in capability so they can make
>recordings directly from the output of a
>CD player or stereo receiver.
>
>--oryoki
>

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,