Re: draft procedure for amateur recording in parks, v. 2

Subject: Re: draft procedure for amateur recording in parks, v. 2
From: Lou Judson <>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:01:57 -0700
I should have said "more" rigorous...

If a theoretical court case comes up, would the "70dB" gain stting on a
Sound Devices 7xx, and known Sony mics, not constitute a legally
defensible reference?

Small anecdotal moment: Doing the "Curlybark Classroom" location on a
recent dawn session, a whistle sound I thought was a bird turned out to
be a chhipmunk taalking at me (directly facing me as though chiding me
to get out of his living room) which went on for the remainder of the
session, constantly. It gradually got closer, twitching its tail onm
each whistle, and as I closed the session it bolddly ran up and
attacked the furry epaulet windscreens on the shoulders of the sound
vest I have like yours! Good thing I had hung it on the bench to keep
my growling tummy noises out of the mics... It was yelling at the furry
spots...

Can we take some of those noisy-talking folks with their screaming kids
to court someday? At times they are the most annnoying thing in the
park after the diesel engines... ;-)

Lou