Re: Trouble wiring PIP shure mics

Subject: Re: Trouble wiring PIP shure mics
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:12:29 -0500
Hi David-
I'm still not sure how you've got it wired currently. The wiring for
all of the capsules is the same.  If I wanted to keep the TA4F's in
tact and use matching TA4M's, this is how I'd wire it:

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/shure183p-i-pAdaptercable.jpg

The direct wiring to miniplug s still here:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/ShureWR-183WiringNoTA4M's.jpg

Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D

At 4:43 PM +0800 8/25/05, D & m wrote:
> [...]
>>  >>  quick even steps and hoofy already. May be the wire chewin culprit?
>>  >>
>>  >>  I noticed that Shure just raised the prices on the C122 and WL183's=
,
>>  >>  the later almost double. Too bad. Might be some dealers ou there
>>  >>  selling them at the old price? Rob D.
>>  >>
>>  >>    =3D =3D =3D =3D
>>  >>
>>  >>  At 3:51 PM +0000 8/23/05, Rich Peet wrote:
>>  >>  >I have confirmed by building Robs diagram for the WL183 and it wor=
ks
>>  >>  fine.
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >If you want or need to use it with a battery box that is not hard
>>  >>  >either.  It does add the weight and cost of the box, battery
>>  >>  >connector, two line capacitors, one resister on the battery and a
>>  >>  >capacitor on the battery as well. If you want a range of values fo=
>>  >>  >building one I can draw something and e-mail you off list.
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >Rich
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >PS for Rob. Someone unknown idiot released Wild Pig into Crawford
>>  >>  >County, WI. There is now a self sustaining population of about
>>  150 and
>>  >>  >they likely are on their way to Lafarge in the next few years if n=
ot
>>  >>  >controlled by then. If you want to record them you should try befo=
re
>>  >>  >the DNR and others manage to kill them.
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >--- In  Rob Danielson
>>  <> wrote:
>>  >>  >>  Hi David--
>>  >>  >>  Is there a chance you'll use the WL's just on a minidisc or
>>  other PIP
>>  >>  >>  recorder? If so, the way I prefer to wire them is to cut off
>>  the four
>>  >>  >>  pin connectors on the end the c-122 cables and solder both cabl=
es
>>  >>  >>  into one stereo 3.5mm miniplug. Cuts down on bulk.chance of ext=
ra
>>  >>  >>  interference and costs less. Here are the instructions for this=
:
>>  >>  >>
>>  >>  >>
>>  >>  ><
>>  >>
>>  http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/ShureWR-183WiringNoTA4M's.jpg
>>  <http://www.uwm.edu/%7Etype/Mic%20Preamps/ShureWR-183WiringNoTA4M%27s.j=
pg>
>>  >>
>>  <http://www.uwm.edu/%7Etype/Mic%20Preamps/ShureWR-183WiringNoTA4M%27s.j=
pg>
>  > >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >>  Should work fine on your MZ N1 HiMD recorder. Let me know. Rob =
D.
>>  >  > >>

>>  "Microphones are not ears,
>>  Loudspeakers are not birds,