Re: Trouble wiring PIP shure mics

Subject: Re: Trouble wiring PIP shure mics
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:51:20 -0500
Hi David--
Is there a chance you'll use the WL's just on a minidisc or other PIP
recorder? If so, the way I prefer to wire them is to cut off the four
pin connectors on the end the c-122 cables and solder both cables
into one stereo 3.5mm miniplug. Cuts down on bulk.chance of extra
interference and costs less. Here are the instructions for this:

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/ShureWR-183WiringNoTA4M's.jpg
Should work fine on your MZ N1 HiMD recorder. Let me know. Rob D.

  = = =

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department