RE: Re: Hiding MKH from Beginners

Subject: RE: Re: Hiding MKH from Beginners
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:44:14 -0700
I gotta agree here, I would not travel anywhere without my MKH array of
mics, I have been let down in the past with others but never an MKH. I have
also traveled around this world in totally different climates recording
locations you name it but the first equipment to get packed is the MKH'S.
There are some nice sound samples here posted using other mics and really,
it is down to the users taste and what he/she likes best but I would always
advocate a beginner's mic should be an MKH. You find them on eBay going for
songs sometimes, I have never paid over $900 and I have the full set
excluding the MKH-800.
I have bought Rodes, Sure, Sony's just to try because this group had stated
that they are and could be little gems but now they sit in the cupboard
gathering dust. I could never use them for contract work or species
recording, they are there just to mess about with.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org

N47.65543   W121.98428
Redmond. Washington. USA
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!