Re: Hiding MKH from Beginners

Subject: Re: Hiding MKH from Beginners
From: "Mik Gough" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:02:15 -0000
Just a note regarding my own experience with MKH series microphones.
I have filmed extensively over a large part of the world over many
years.
In all that time, and in climates from the Sahara and Atacama
deserts, to humid tropical Malaysian Jungles, to -35C temperatures in
Northern Finnland; locations in saunas, not to mention the more
mundane film sets; I have never been let down by MKH series
microphones.
The above reliability, combined with supremely good noise figures and
acurate frequency responses mean that, for me, they are the tool of
choice in almost every situation. (dramas, features, music,
documentary, nature, etc...)
They deliver quality recordings reliably and consistantly, my
definition of pro quality gear.
There are many other choices to make, but I have been let down too
often by other mics to spend my money on any that do not pass the
reliabilty test in this hostile world.

A link you may find useful...

http://www.microphone-data.com/

Here, the people from Rycote(the windshield people) have gone to
great lengths to present consistant and comparable data for most
present day microphones. It is a really useful website.