Re: Rode NT1-A's Night Sequence

Subject: Re: Rode NT1-A's Night Sequence
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:59:30 -0500
At 11:38 AM -0400 7/19/05, Walter Knapp wrote:
>  >  From: Rob Danielson <>
>
>   Subject: Rode NT1-A's Night Sequence At 3:50 PM -0400 7/18/05, Walter
>Knapp wrote:
<snip>

>  >>>. I'm wondering, therefore, if they are

>>  Its the water on the leaves, the "plops."  To hear break-up due to
>>  moisture go to the last 1/4 and listen around 300 Hz to the right
>>  channel. That's the rode givng up after ~8 hours in the humidity.
>
>Nope, I can tell that difference, I'm not talking about the various
>water sounds. It was the sound you identify as moisture effects on the
>mic. I can hear it throughout the 7 minutes, and in both channels.
>Watching by sonogram confirms that, though each mic has it's own
>distinctive pattern. It's there throughout the recording. The area you
>pointed out is just the loudest area. Is the entire 7 minute clip from
>near the 8 hour mark?
>
>Note I've played the clip with several different mp3 interpreters now.
>In some it's clearly a crackle, in others it's more smooth, in some it
>sounds like a distant freeway sound.

Sorry, I'm having diificulty picking out the sound quality to fit
your description in the first 7 minutes. Maybe if we both refer to
one short, uncompressed clip?  Here's a 16/48K aif with two excerpts.

(1) section with lowest presence I could find  (from section
represented by the 7 minute, mp3 clip you have).

(2) section from 20 minutes in where the right mic is breaking up.
The sound I'm referring to is pretty apparent, but there's prominence
~ 400Hz.

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Temporary/7723EQ2_Pres3m_BreakUp20m.aif
(1.4mb)

Rob D.