Re: unknown sound. Please help

Subject: Re: unknown sound. Please help
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:22:43 -0000
>From the audio clips we are not talking about these birds.
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Blue Jay
Pileated Woodpecker

Fainter:
Cow
Eastern Towhee
Northern Cardinal
Tufted Titmouse

Unknown sound starts at 2.5 seconds and go to 10 seconds and
19 seconds to 28 seconds.

>From the visual jpg you can see two examples of the unknown sound at:
3 to 12 seconds
52 to 103 seconds
This is a true ultrasonic call that only part of was recorded.

I am about 1 week out from return to this area to target that sound
specifically.  I should have left my search for the Swamp Sparrow and
focused on that unk sound in hind site.

Rich Peet
PS to Mark
No Chuck-will's Widow found in Houston Cty by my search.  Land types
looked very good but there also appeared to be a serious shortage of
Whip-por-will compared to the WI side of the Mississippi.