Re: Current market value of a MKH-110/2 ?

Subject: Re: Current market value of a MKH-110/2 ?
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:21:04 -0500
From: "Rich Peet" <>

> Let me know if you want to sell your doa mics to break even on those.
> I can not repair them for what you have in them but I can repair them.

I don't plan on selling the DOA mics as yet. When I get back from my
trip I'll drag out the oscilloscope so I can find out if the oscillator
is working. As long as it's not one of the coils (or the capsule) it
should not be all that hard to sort out. I'm tending to suspect the
coils may just be out of tune as the slugs are loose in the coils. If
both have drifted out of alignment it will be a little more work to get
it tuned, thus using a oscilloscope. The crystal on the one I opened was
marked 8mhz.

I'm also interested in looking into how they lowered the gain. See if
the gain of the MKH 110-1's can be brought up to similar to the MKH
110's. If that can be done and still maintain the lower frequency
response it's going to be more interesting.

If I get them all working I should eventually have a few to sell. But
that's a ways down the road.