Re: Edirol R-4

Subject: Re: Edirol R-4
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:20:52 -0500
To everyone interested in the new 4-track Edirol. Here is the dope on the
Edirol R-4 after testing by the Oade Brothers team. Below is a copy of of
the I just received from Oade:

Hi! We are sorry to report that the Edirol R-4 is not suitable for nature
recordings as the preamps are not so great. The Fostex FR-2 with our T
MOD ( 1600.00 for the FR-2 and the MOD) is the best system we have to
offer. The MOD rebuilds the preamps, reducing noise and increasing the
clarity of the recording.
--
Thank you for your interest.
We are factory authorized for all product we sell.

Sincerely,
The Oade Brothers Audio Sales Team.