Re: Basic Electricity

Subject: Re: Basic Electricity
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:43:36 -0000
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> From: "Rich Peet" <>
>

> This is all wet, no amount of copper stops magnetic fields, which pass
> right through the cable. And the configuration of the wires is designed
> to deal with the alternating electromagnetic field's induced voltage in
> the wires of the cable.

The sales stuff that Canare uses to compare star quad to two wire does
not indicate the type or quality of the shield. Canare uses a good
shield which is likely shown in their test results more than any
internal quality.  As magnetic force is related more to the current
strength which we never will see in the outdoors I really do not care
what happens to their cable in a magnetic field.

> I first went to it for it's electrical characteristics. It was a bonus
> that it's handling was so good. Not the other way around.

This I can understand and is likely related to the differnce in the
environ that we find ourselves recording in.  You enjoy the warmth
that I melt in.