Re: Patch Cable

Subject: Re: Patch Cable
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:43:13 -0400
From: "1GDW" <>

> I think this dirty connection is the reason that I am rebuilding my
> patch cable.  I am experiencing noise when moving the mini plug
> during recording.  I had installed a right angle mini and it would
> rotate a bit each time the cable moved.
> 1GDW

You might want to note that there are 1/8" plugs and jacks, and 3.5mm
plugs and jacks. If I remember right all the small minidisc recorders
are using 3.5mm, which is 0.01" larger than 1/8". So, if you use a 1/8"
plug in them it will be looser and more likely to give problems.
Preferable to match the type exactly. Use the 3.5mm plugs.