Re: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review

Subject: Re: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review
From: jl <>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:03:33 +0200
If you burn a data-CD with the Mac filesystem a Windows and Linux needs
  help (extra drivers) to read it. Any Mac can read it.

If you burn a data-CD with the ISO-9660 filesystem everyone can read
it. Linux, Mac or Win.

Jewel cases are a mess in the field. I use a plastic sleeve with an
inner rice-paper sleeve (very kind to surfaces) and cardboard mailers
designed for mailing CD:s in sleeves. All this is very light and easy
to pack anywhere in some bag. I always like to do rough edits on a
small powerbook same/next days while I have it in memory - then I just
burn two CD:s and mail one home.

I europe you can also drive up near almost any reasonable hotel and get
broadband wireless access (sometimes free and sometimes like 8
euros/hour).  Here in sweden and finland I have found wireless access
at diners along the main roads far outside the cities. This is useful
to get feedback from others while you are recording in the field. And
you get a backup ;=3D)