Re: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review

Subject: Re: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:01:11 -0500
From: Syd Curtis <>

> Hello folks,
>
>             A throw-away comment from the depths of my ignorance of all
> these technical comparisons.
>
> A 2 gig card full of field recordings is not only a hell of a lot of file=
> for editing.  It is also a hell of a lot of "eggs in one basket"!

A comment I've made several times. I expect some will not fully
appreciate that until they get burned. It should be seriously scary to
anyone contemplating it.

I like my pitiful small 80 minutes of recording directly onto a reliable
archival medium. It could still be a lot to loose, but not near like 2 gig.