Re: recording and privacy

Subject: Re: recording and privacy
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:37:00 -0700
Because of the National Park Service policies in place since 2000
under Director's Order 47, and where the natural soundscape was
designated as a "resource," the NPS is actively promoting listening
and recording activities within the parks. So there should actually
be no explaining to do other than to refer the (uninformed) ranger to
DO47 and the mandates set forth by the park administration.

Fortunately, Fran Minella, the Bush-appointed head of the park
service, hasn't got the message that recording is dangerous to the
administration's policies of undermining the entire agency. BTW, my
book, Wild Soundscapes, was originally written for the park service
as the activities guide for the educational ranger staff who are/were
to introduce visitors to such activities.

Bernie

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.
P. O. Box 536
Glen Ellen, California  95442-0536