Re: a preamp survey

Subject: Re: a preamp survey
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:16:15 -0000
Well, I might be a little different than most.

Last year I recorded in Shoulder deep water, waist deep snow, thigh
deep mud, and ankle deep "stuff".

I also recorded in a capton's chair, from warm sands, while snoring
from the back of a van to leaned up against a tree dozing.  I
recorded with a beer, a cup of coffee, a coke, and a few others.

Last year I recorded with the most portable recorders in a shirt
pocket to arrays it takes hours and hundreds of feet of cable to set
up.  I worked the best of equipment and some of the not so best.

Last year I was confronted by the police,by theives, by a mental para
in a wheelchair, by naked teenagers, by drunks, and by people just
wondering what the hell that is.

Last year for the third year in a row I was laid up with disease and
spent time with clinics for things that find you in the field and you
never even knew it.

Last year I was helped by the most professional, the best amateurs,
and the new just trying stuff new to them.

It doesn't matter how you record nature just find a way to do it and
go.  In this part of the world no one looks sideways when you go
fishing with a $35,000 bass boat and you didn't make that over the
last year.  Hand em mic and they think you spent the world on nothin.

Last year I recorded a bunch of hours, over a bunch of miles, earned
nothing at it, and had the time of my life.  Hope this year is as
good.

Rich

--- In  Walter Knapp <>