Re: binaural mic 1/8" to XLR for PMD670?

Subject: Re: binaural mic 1/8" to XLR for PMD670?
From: Steven Naylor <>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:47:51 -0400
At 4:54 PM +0000 2/5/04,  wrote:

>Unless Robb was using something esoteric, he will find he should (a) use
>an outboard plug-in power providing battery box (or battery box/pre
>combo), and (b) turn off phantom on the Marantz... which should extend its
>battery life of course.

Just to add to this caveat, I've been warned, by Audio Technica and
by a small binaural manufacturer, that accidentally leaving phantom
on will destroy the little capsules used in many binaurals or other
mini mics.

Apparently 48v phantom is well beyond their range of tolerance.

SN
--

Steven Naylor
Composer / Producer