Re: binaural mic 1/8" to XLR for PMD670?

Subject: Re: binaural mic 1/8" to XLR for PMD670?
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:31:33 -0000
Aaron Ximm <> wrote:

> One gotcha to look out for here is that
> the Marantz almost certainly does not
> provide the "plug-in power" voltage you
> want for your binaurals

The PMD 670 provides 48 volt phantom power, as required by many pro
microphones. You should check with the manufacturer of your
microphone to see if this will be an issue.  The mic manufacturer
should be able to provide you with the correct cables, too.

The preamp in the PMD 670 will almost certainly work correctly with
the input from your microphones. But, again, you should ask before
you buy.  I've had quick response from the Marantz service
department.  Their email is

--oryoki

ps. my Sony MZ-R50 minidisc recorders are for sale...