Re: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings

Subject: Re: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:07:06 -0500
From: "Graham M Smith" <>

> Rudy,
>

>>> I'm transfering all my DAT or MD recordings to audio CD, writing via
>>> digital transfer to an HHB stand-alone burner.
>

> The HBB looks like a professional recorder, but how do you overcome the
> minidisk protection against uploading, what is different about burning it=
> a CD?

The copy protection is not invoked by the situation in question.

Each recording is marked as to it's source. If the source is digital,
then the copy protection might be a problem. Like if you were using a
pre that output digital audio and recorded into a MD using the digital
inputs. And, of course this protection would only be invoked if you are
digitally transferring to something that recognizes the protection code.

If the input is analog, then even if the copy protection is active, it
would not be invoked. The code built into the recording says it's a
original first generation digital. I have no problem using the digital
outputs from my Portadisc for transfer. I normally transfer using the
optical digital into a Roland UA-30 that then sends it on to my mac via USB=
.