Re: problem with distortion

Subject: Re: problem with distortion
From: "haughki" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:14:21 -0000
first, many thanks to EVERYONE for all the replies.  i'm (obviously)
really new to this type of recording, and you're all an invaluable
resource.  thanks!

yes, this is just the sort of answer i was looking for.  i hoped that
if someone in the know actually listened to the recording, it would
be fairly obvious.  indeed, despite all i've read and all the very
vehement warnings about wind noise, i was using only the foam cover
which came with the nt4.  i had taken one look at the rycote prices
and walked away from my computer, staggering.

after a few simple tests, i'm certain you're absoulutely right:  wind
noise.

walt, i'll be putting your fabulous ingenuity to the test.  wonderful!

hawkeye

--- In  "Rich Peet" <>
wrote:
> I agree with Walt. I should have listened before posting.
> Clearly a mic being bottomed out and bouncing of the diaphram as
> confirmed by not being channel matched.
>
> Go build my latest wind filter design.  You will like it for the
nt4.
> see at:
> http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet
>
> Rich Peet