[SF CA][Wed Nov 19] Supersonic opening

Subject: [SF CA][Wed Nov 19] Supersonic opening
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:13:57 -0800 (PST)
Apologies for the cross-posting,

Aaron from Quiet American here. I wanted to let you know that
I'm celebrating my birthday this Wednesday by debuting a new
installation piece at the Rx Gallery here in San Francisco, as
part of 'Supersonic,' a show of sound-oriented work from Bay
Area artists (details below).

My contribution, Serendipity Machine 11.19.03 (haunted), is the
latest in a series of works that generate ever-changing, never-
ending soundscapes, using field recordings I've made over the
years and the miles as source. (This particular machine has its
own ghost, one who whistles soft tunes in the Indonesian slendro
scale...)

 best
  and happy thanksgiving,
   aaron

More on Serendipity Machines:
 http://www.quietamerican.org/related_serendipity.html

WEDNESDAY, NOV 19
SUPERSONIC
Opening night

Get ready for the next exhibition "Supersonic: New Directions in Sound
and Form" at Rx featuring recent sound-oriented works by several Bay
Area luminaries including Matt Heckert, Larnie Fox, Aaron Ximm, Joe
Colley, Kurt Bigenho and others. Most of this work has never been shown
before, so this will indeed be a very *special* occasion.

6-10pm
FREE!

Gallery Hours:
Wednesdays to Saturdays
Gallery Noon to 5pm

The gallery is located in the heart of San Francisco's shopping and
tourism district:

Rx Gallery
132 Eddy Street @ Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94102