Re: problem with distortion

Subject: Re: problem with distortion
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:15:09 -0500
From: "haughki" <>

> first, many thanks to EVERYONE for all the replies.  i'm (obviously)
> really new to this type of recording, and you're all an invaluable
> resource.  thanks!
>
> yes, this is just the sort of answer i was looking for.  i hoped that
> if someone in the know actually listened to the recording, it would
> be fairly obvious.  indeed, despite all i've read and all the very
> vehement warnings about wind noise, i was using only the foam cover
> which came with the nt4.  i had taken one look at the rycote prices
> and walked away from my computer, staggering.
>
> after a few simple tests, i'm certain you're absoulutely right:  wind
> noise.
>
> walt, i'll be putting your fabulous ingenuity to the test.  wonderful!

I expect you are talking about Rich Peet here. My solution was to spend
a very long time watching ebay and put together pieces of suspensions
and windscreens that way. While a whole lot cheaper than buying new,
they still cost a bit. I prefer Sennheiser's zeppelin and suspension
design over rycote's.