Re: Have Website will Publish...

Subject: Re: Have Website will Publish...
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:08:40 -0500
From: Vicki Powys <>

> Also, our Walt did a web-page demo of all his stereo mics a little while
> back, I found that very enlightening.  He demonstrated SASS, directional
> pairs, the lot, all set up at one of his frog ponds so that the subject
> matter was identical, just the mics were different so's you could compare
> the different set-ups.  Maybe Walt still has those sounds on his web site
> and will remind us all where to look for that.

Been offline, went ten rounds with OSX 10.3 and lost by knockout. Along
with all the features they talk about is the feature, that at least for
me it destroyed my 10.2 system, corrupted the disk to where no OSX
version has booted from it since, in spite of a couple reformats. (got
to find time to let a low level test and format go through it, not a
trivial task for a 73gig disk.) And more reinstalls of 10.1, 10.2, and
10.3 than I care to talk about. I've no functional OSX at all now, I'm
back on the OS that ALWAYS WORKS, OS 9, the real mac OS. To regroup, say
some very nasty things to Apple and so on. Anyone else have similar
experiences I'd like to know. I will figure it out!

The recordings are still up, tied to my frog pages via the info page and
to my mic photo pages:
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/docs/mic_samples.html
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/docs/my_mod_sass.html
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/docs/my_ms_setups.html
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/docs/quickparabolic.html
There are links from there to the photo pages. I've not done any
maintenence on it in a while, so it's possible something is broken, let
me know. Since there is no link back to the frog pages:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/GAFrog.Toad.html

Remember, my ISP limits how many gig I can serve per month. If you want
them, please download them to disk for repeated play.

It's all from a ways back, I'm slowly learning how to do better. If I
repeated it the results might differ. And, of course these are MD
recordings...