Have web site... and a MD recorder !

Subject: Have web site... and a MD recorder !
From: "Laloux, Dominique" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:52:10 +0100
Had a couple of hours yesterday to put a few more recordings on-line.
These were recorded in September (red deer stag and young wild boars) and 2
weeks ago (birds at the Harchies marsh). All of that in Belgium...

http://www.pca.be/samples/

Lots of background traffic noise unfortunately ; the wind was in the worst
direction. I tried to apply a few filters (mainly FFT in Audition) but gave
up after a while, as I could not filter without altering the main signal.

This time, I have added a few pictures of the marsh in the morning mist... I
like pictures 49-51 and some of the following...

Humm, Walt, I must admit... all recordings made with a MD ! Sorry about that
;-)

Dominique Laloux

By the way : This is the very first time I hear such a BIG difference
between a mp3 and the original wav (08-017.mp3 and 08-O17.wav). I find the
loss of quality really surprising.